Just a few recipes I saw demonstrated that looked delicious! Using a food processor and a blender gets a salad with dressing on the table in mere minutes! Give these a try:
· 1 cup baby spinach
· 1 raw zucchini
· 1 celery stalk
· ¼ red bell pepper
· ¼ avacodo
· (optional) Cilantro, garlic, lemon juice
· (optional) try with rice paper and butter leaf lettuce leaves for salad wraps
Chop all ingredients in a food processor with the ‘S’ blade to desired consistency.
Here’s a great dressing:
· Firm tofu
Blend together in vitamix or blender
· Garbanzo beans (or any beans, for that matter)
· Cashews – small amount – it doesn’t take much
· Lime or lemon
· (optional) roasted garlic, roasted eggplant, roasted red pepper
Blend in vitamix or a blender for a creamier texture or food processor for a more granulated texture
· Chili beans (or beans cooked with tomato paste, celery, onion and red pepper)
· Crushed corn tortillas (bake on open oven rack on both sides until brown - watch carefully!)
· Salad dressing
Chop / shred salad ingredients to desired consistency and mix in chili beans, crushed corn tortillas and use hummus as dressing, if desired.
Raw Kale Salad
· 1 bunch raw kale
· 1 red onion
· 1 bell pepper
· 1 bunch dill
· 1 tomato
· 2 ears of corn (raw, cut off cob)
· Juice from 1 lemon
· 2 cloves pressed garlic
· 1-2 avocados
Chop salad ingredients by hand or in food processor, add raw corn and avocado then mix together with your hands until flavors have all blended together.
You can beef up any salad by adding rice, beans, and corn tortilla chips.